Monday, May 8, 2017

Time Passages . . .


Years go falling in the fading light
time passages . . . 

~Al Stewart~


Sometimes this is how I feel.  The years and months just keep fading into light and the time passes, way too quickly!

Well, here I go again . . . it's been more than a month since my last post, and again, I have an overload of "stuff" to share!

Lets start with, Shoshone Falls.  My husband and I went with Amber and James and their family on a quick day trip.  It was a quick trip, but it was so fun to spend time with them and see the falls, which were just gorgeous this year.  I posted photos of them (the falls) a few years ago, when we had very low water flow and not much snow shed.  This year, we have an abundance of water and the falls were so pretty because of that.


This was two years ago . . . same time of year.

This was this year!






 Taylor and Christian, my two oldest grands.

Amber, Averi and Taylor, my beautiful girls!  Averi loved the falls!  

A brave little Rock Chuck, way too close to the falls!

Christian graduates high school this year, so we need to enjoy these moments while we can.  Before we know it, he will be married with children of his own.

We also had a few more birthday celebrations.  My last March birthday (see how far behind I am!?) was, Emily.  She is such a wonderful young woman!  Talented, kind, smart and beautiful! What else could a girl ask for?!  We sure do love her.  



The last of the...Spring...birthdays!  Clara had a birthday the first part of May, and she was so happy to be 6 years old! What a little lady; she's smart, funny and cute as a bug!  We love her.

I have so much more to share, but I think I better just end and publish before I get distracted...again!

Looking forward to catching up!

XOXO,
Barb






10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barb, those falls are gorgeous (as are the grandkids!). I've never heard of a rock chuck before. Wood chuck yes but rock chuck - too cute!

Vee said...

It pleases me to know that there is an abundance of water after all the seasons of dry weather...the falls look so pretty! My, the grands just keep growing, don't they?! A very fine looking group... The years...well where do they go?! That was quite the description...made me shiver just a bit.

Billie Jo said...

Oh my goodness, Barb!
Such precious photos of your precious people!!!
The falls? Amazing.
And yes...where is the time going?
How is it May??
Sigh...
Happy to see you here, my friend. : )

LeAnn said...

Oh my dearest friend; I loved this one. The falls are so lovely. I want to go and see them sometime. I am so happy you could take a day trip with our children that we share. I love the photos of them all. I might need to borrow them since I don't get to see them often. Each of these dear grandchildren are just so special in so many ways. I can't believe how fast they have grown up. Having Christian graduating and his cousins seems like the years went by way to fast. Where does the time go. I wish we lived closer to all of our grandchildren; I miss them all!
You other grands are so adorable too.
Thanks you for your sweet thoughts on my blog. You are both such dear friends and I do want to see you soon. We are trying to come for Christian's graduation.
Sending loving thoughts your way with big hugs!

Kerin said...

Hi sweet lady :)
I agree 100%, that time just seems to fly by! I wonder if it's because I'm getting older, and can't squeeze as many things into one day, or if there are so many things to do, and places to be, that it seems there isn't time to fit it all in ??
Gorgeous falls. I should like to hear the roar of the water as it crashes over the rocks... that must be something!
You have beautiful Grands!! What a blessing they are to you!

~K.

Beckey said...

Wow!! What a difference a year makes! I know what you mean about time flying. Every year goes by quicker than the one before. I can't believe my "baby" boy has been out of school for an entire year now and my grandbaby will start kindergarten in the fall! Your family is beautiful. You are truly blessed.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Hi Barb,
I really agree about the passage of time...it's flying by! Sometimes I wish there were many more hours in my day. So much to see and do and I just can't fit everything in that I want to do. Maybe being older and getting slower has something to do with that, but even my children talk about how fast time goes, too.
Loved seeing your trip to the falls...they are gorgeous! I thought the first photo was pretty, but wow! the second one is just awesome.
Your sweet grandchildren are all so beautiful and are growing up so fast!
I hope you are well and having a nice spring! Take care, my friend.
Hugs, Cheryl

Saimi said...

Oh my gosh Barb what a difference the year makes in the falls - its so gorgeous the way the water if rushing and spilling over, such a sight to see!! I agree, the years are flying by. My parents were here over mothers day weekend, a post I have yet to share. I'm behind too. Anyway, I can't believe my dad is 86, he is so close to 90 and I still feel like his little girl when he is around and I'm not even close to that anymore haha. Your Grandchildren are so adorable. We need to make a pact to stay on top of our blogging. By the time I post something its old news.

Take care and thanks for sharing!!
Saimi

Shug said...

Wow Barb.....you all have had an abundance of rain. The falls are absolutely gorgeous and I can only imagine being there in person and hearing the rushing waters as they flow over the falls. You have such a beautiful family and I know you enjoy everyone of those grand babies as much as I enjoy mine. We have one graduating this year as well, and you are so right....got to spend as much time as possible with them before they get out on their own. I always enjoy your post and the positive vibes that I take away from your words...

RoeH said...

Hey there! I still peek into your blog now and then. I was in Rigby for a funeral in March. Wish we'd had time to go over to Twin. But you're the only one I know in Twin anymore. Good catching up with you.

Happy Spring!

  Outside my window . . .  Two weeks ago this is what it looked like.  We had a  huge winter storm, and got 12 inches of new snow!  It was c...